Position Title: Marketing and Promotions Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL.
Develop and execute strategic Marketing and Promotions for WLEY that support the programming plan and revenue objectives of the station.
- Execute tactical plans for WLEY’s on-air contesting, station website and station events, including conceptualizing or adapting ideas, identifying and negotiating resources and establishing action plans and timelines.
- Manage, guide, train and develop promotions staff.
- In charge of interviewing and hiring process.
- Manage and maintain budget as defined by management.
- Conceptualize promotional campaigns that support clients/advertisers.
- Work with sales and programming on developing integrated revenue driving opportunities of on-air/online contesting, station events and marketing campaigns.
- Develop strategic marketing campaigns that integrates all media platforms
- Create station on-air, online contesting and/or events.
- Manage database and promotion scheduling.
- Insure accurate logging of contests, prizes and winners.
- Manage prize fulfillment for station.
- Manage and coordinate of major station promotions and events.
- Develop action plan guide for all approved promotions.
- Insure station and client branding goals are met.
- Develop and grow station events calendar.
- Research and develop appropriate content to achieve station website goals.
- Daily maintenance of station website (events page, photo gallery, contest page, personality pages and home page, updates and track visits/unique visits).
- Develop content, as needed, for weekly station e-blasts.
- Develop tactical plans for hot zip locations.
- Assist in the development of intern program, by establish guidelines and goals.
- Manage station endorsement calendar.
- Write and obtain legal approval on contest rules.
- Ensure that WLEY is in compliance with FCC and all rules and regulations of Spanish Broadcasting Systems.
- Seek bartering partnerships for promotional use.
- Insure completion and filing of all required tax documents.
- BA in Communications/Marketing or advertising preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in broadcast marketing or related field, and event planning.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations related to broadcast marketing.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs.
- Experience with Nielsen.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to handle stress and related pressures.
- Spanish speaking is strongly recommended
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Spanish Broadcasting System is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, place, train, transfer and promote persons in all job titles on the basis of qualifications of the individual for the position being filled, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, and local law. We will ensure that all personnel actions such as employment, upgrading, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, benefits, demotions, recruitment, terminations, layoffs, and returns from layoffs, will be administered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state and federal law. No employee or applicant will be coerced, intimidated, retaliated against, interfered with or discriminated against for filing a complaint or assisting in an investigation concerning equal opportunity, discrimination, or harassment. Spanish Broadcasting System operates on an equal opportunity basis with respect to female and minority owned businesses and encourages its employees to refer such businesses to Spanish Broadcasting.