Position Title: On Air DJ
LOCATION: Chicago, IL.
- Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
- Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
- Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, Spanish Broadcasting Systems, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
- Maintains a website personality page.
- Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
- Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
- Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
- Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
- Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
- Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
- Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with Vox Pro
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
- Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Spanish Broadcasting System is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, place, train, transfer and promote persons in all job titles on the basis of qualifications of the individual for the position being filled, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, and local law. We will ensure that all personnel actions such as employment, upgrading, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, benefits, demotions, recruitment, terminations, layoffs, and returns from layoffs, will be administered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state and federal law. No employee or applicant will be coerced, intimidated, retaliated against, interfered with or discriminated against for filing a complaint or assisting in an investigation concerning equal opportunity, discrimination, or harassment. Spanish Broadcasting System operates on an equal opportunity basis with respect to female and minority owned businesses and encourages its employees to refer such businesses to Spanish Broadcasting.