SBS the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media and entertainment company in the US is looking to hire an experienced Accountant at its Miami offices. Great working environment; salary commensurate with experience.
- Overall accounting, variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting, primarily, of television production and programming activities, as well as, other general accounting areas.
- Perform various functions directly related to the accounting month end close process, which include but are not limited to:
- preparing journal entries and supporting schedules,
- reconciling bank and ledger accounts,
- reviewing detailed transactions for accuracy and validity of accounting treatment.
- Perform day-to-day production and programming activities.
- Preparing and analyzing payrolls, benefits, invoices, contracts, and various vendor payments for posting to the general ledger.
- Prepare / administer production budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze actual results against budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare ad-hoc or other financial reports, as necessary.
- Maintain US GAAP accounting and ensure compliance with all relevant accounting literature.
- Maintain SOX compliance and update related process flows.
- Bachelor degree in accounting.
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Television production accounting and/or cost accounting experience, preferable.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish required).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, preferable.
*Please send your resumes to email@example.com