• Associate’s Degree in Business or Marketing or combination of education and experience; with at least five (5) years of experience in successful promotions campaigns, with 2-3 years in a management position
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, requires constant interaction with programming and sales
• Superior organization skills and attention to details, must be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Must be able to make business decisions based on logic, common sense and what’s best for the radio station as an art form and as a business
• Must be bi-lingual (English & Spanish)
• Must be able to interact with clients and listeners and meet the diversity of each customer
• Plan and execute all radio promotions
• Create promotional proposals and recaps to present to sales, operations and/or clients
• Communicate and negotiate directly with clients on promotions and events
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients and/or organizations
• Ensure the preparation of promotions and timelines are executed properly
• Manage and supervise social media coordinator and promotions staff
• Communicate directly with SBS corporate management in regards to the website, creative and national promotions
• Attend internal meetings and outside meetings with account executives
• Problem solve internal and external issues regarding promotions
• Understanding FCC rules and regulations when executing on-air and web based contests/promotions
• Maintain accurate and detailed calendars of upcoming appearances, contests, concerts and sampling opportunities for clients
• Problem solve listener complaints and/or issues
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) offers a dynamic work environment and competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental coverage through a National Healthcare provider, vision care plan, life insurance and short term disability, 401(k) plan, Health Care Spending account and Credit Union membership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Spanish Broadcasting System is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, place, train, transfer and promote persons in all job titles on the basis of qualifications of the individual for the position being filled, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, and local law. We will ensure that all personnel actions such as employment, upgrading, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, benefits, demotions, recruitment, terminations, layoffs, and returns from layoffs, will be administered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state and federal law. No employee or applicant will be coerced, intimidated, retaliated against, interfered with or discriminated against for filing a complaint or assisting in an investigation concerning equal opportunity, discrimination, or harassment. Spanish Broadcasting System operates on an equal opportunity basis with respect to female and minority owned businesses and encourages its employees to refer such businesses to Spanish Broadcasting.