FAMOUS SBS RADIO PERSONALITIES, BETZY VAZQUEZ “LA GATITA”, ADAL LORETO “CHIKILIN”, CEZAR LOZANO ARE ALSO AMONG THE TOP FINALISTS
SBS EXECUTIVES JESUS SALAS, ALBERT RODRIGUEZ AND ERIC GARCIA WILL PARTICIPATE AS PANELISTS AT THE RADIO INK HISPANIC RADIO CONFERENCE
|Miami, FL. (February 27, 2017)—Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) (OTCQX: SBSAA), (“SBS”), a leading Hispanic media company, was once again honored with several nominations in diverse categories for excellence and leadership in the radio industry at the 2017 Medallas de Cortez Awards.
Overall, SBS Radio platforms were represented with 13 nominations across the event’s 8 categories, which recognize outstanding achievements and leadership in the Hispanic radio marketplace. This year’s number of nominations marks the most in SBS’ storied history.
“We are honored to receive these prestigious nominations on behalf of the entire SBS Radio family,” said Eric Garcia Revenue Chief & SBS New York General Manager. “It’s the hard work and commitment of our people, as well as our dedicated listeners nationwide, that make this job as fun and fulfilling as it is.”
Added Albert Rodriguez COO of SBS, “We are grateful to receive these nominations and proud to be included among other industry leaders. These nominations belong to the SBS Radio team, who consistently demonstrates its passion and commitment to radio.”
The Medallas de Cortez Awards, created by Radio Ink, is the only awards dedicated to celebrating the very best in Hispanic radio and honors industry leaders in station management, sales, programming, and advertising. They were named after Raoul Cortez, a pioneer in the Hispanic radio industry.
Radio Ink Publisher Deborah Parenti said, “The Medallas de Cortez awards represent a celebration of Hispanic radio and its dedicated professionals. Every one of them, in large markets and small communities, make Hispanic radio an intimate part of the lives of listeners and clients. This is the biggest year ever in terms of awards competition. While there can be only one winner in each category, we are extremely proud to recognize all of the finalists, who are truly worthy of our respect and admiration.”
SBS finalists for the 2017 Medallas de Cortez Awards are:
• Broadcaster of the Year: Jesus Salas- Executive Vice President of Programming & Multiplatform Coordinator, SBS.
• Station of the Year: WCMQ Zeta 92.3FM, WRMA Ritmo 95.7FM, WSKQ Mega 97.9FM.
• General/Market Manager of the Year: Carolina Santamarina, WXDJ, WRMA & WCMQ SBS Miami.
• General/Market Manager of the Year: Chris Carrillo, KLAX & KXOL SBS Los Angeles.
• Sales Manager of the Year: Elizabeth Paulino, WSKQ & WPAT SBS New York.
• Sales Manager of the Year: Christian De La Cruz, KRZZ 93.3FM La Raza.
• Program Director of the Year: Rogie Gallart SBS Puerto Rico.
• Syndicated Personality of the Year: Cesar Lozano, Aire Radio Networks/SBS.
• Local Personality of the Year: Adal Loreto “Chikilin” KLAX, KRZZ SBS Los Angeles, SBS San Jose, San Francisco.
• Local Personality of the Year: Betzy Vazquez “La Gatita” WXDJ El Zol 106.7FM SBS Miami.
• Marketer of the Year: Vladimir Gomez, SBS.
Winners will be announced at the Medallas de Cortez ceremony on Tuesday, March 28th, as part of the Hispanic Radio Conference, March 28-29 in Fort Lauderdale at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six.
SPEAKERS & PANELISTS FROM SBS:
• Albert Rodriguez, EVP/COO of SBS- Hispanic Radio Executive Leadership Roundtable Sponsored by: SBS.
• Jesus Salas EVP/Programming SBS- Behind the Radio Mic: Live and Local or Syndicated.
• Johnny Caride, Program Supervisor SBS Miami & Programming Director WXDJ Miami- Playing the Ratings Game to Win: Issues and Opportunities.
• Eric Garcia, SBS Radio Revenue Chief & VP/General Manager, WSKQ & WPAT, New York- Old School/New School: Bridging the Gap between Gen X Managers and Millennial Sellers.
|About Spanish Broadcasting System
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. is a leading Hispanic media company that owns and operates 17 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, airing the Spanish Tropical, Regional Mexican, Spanish Adult Contemporary, Top 40 and Latin Rhythmic format genres. SBS also operates AIRE Radio Networks, a national radio platform which creates, distributes and markets leading Spanish-language radio programming to over 250 affiliated stations reaching 93% of the U.S. Hispanic audience. SBS also owns MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts and events and owns multiple bilingual websites, including www.LaMusica.com, an online destination and mobile app providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture. For more information, visit us online at spanishbroadcasting.com.
About Radio Ink Magazine
Radio Ink Magazine is the radio broadcasting industry’s premier management and marketing trade magazine. Radio Ink is published by Boynton Beach, Florida-based Streamline Publishing, Inc. The bi-monthly magazine celebrated its 20-year anniversary in 2012. For more information, visit www.radioink.com.
MEDIA CONTACT FOR SBS:
Communications & National Promotions Director
MEDIA CONTACT FOR RADIO INK HISPANIC CONFERENCE:
Radio Ink/RBR/TVBR/Radio Discussions