The receptionist receives incoming calls, determines the nature of each call and directs the caller to the appropriate person or department. Answers basic inquiries and takes messages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet customers in a professional manner
- Operate switchboard telephone system
- Communicate with callers in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, striving to minimize the amount of time spent on hold
- Take thorough messages, indicating the callers first and last name, company name if applicable, the time and the message the caller wishes to leave
- Provide basic information to callers who have general inquires
- Assist with filing duties and other administrative tasks as needed
- Prepare sales and service gas tickets for the Accounting Department
- Serve as a backup to the Sales Department Cashier
- Assist the General Manager with various clerical duties as needed
- Attend meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be friendly, professional, courteous and efficient when working with all customers and employees
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employee will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Have 2+ years of recent administrative support experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a multi-line switchboard
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Ability to work well with the public
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
- Bilingual Spanish/ English
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.