Position Title: Sales Assistant
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
Summary: Spanish Broadcasting System station WLEY-FM, currently has a full-time opening for a professional, detail-oriented individual with exceptional organizational and computer skills to support the WLEY General Sales Manager and sales team and act as a liaison between Account Executives and clients when appropriate. The ideal candidate will be energetic, efficient and capable of working with a variety of personalities in a lively, fast paced environment.
* Create sales presentations and maintain media kits.
* Develop a firm understanding of Nielsen.
* Assist Account Executives with sales proposals, orders placed including revisions and or preempted spots.
* Obtain local invoices for clients/agencies as needed; interact closely with Traffic Department to ensure smooth execution of sales orders and track down missing copy and instructions
* Resolve order and inventory problems by investigating data and history
* Perform general administrative duties including filing, faxing, copying and phone backup when needed
* Use the following programs in a Windows environment: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel
* Work constructively with other departments and individuals.
* Attend sales meetings, training sessions and client remotes as needed.
* Must be able to translate copy/script English to Spanish.
* Time Management required to meet deadlines.
* Must be proactive in finding solutions problem solving initiative.
The right candidate will be a team player who takes initiative and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform all duties which may be required for the efficient operations of the station.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) with the following skills: data entry, reporting and internet research.
* Must be a professional and a proven team player with customer focus
* Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred
* Previous Radio sales experience a plus
Please email resumes to: Maribel Barrera, Mbarrera@sbschicago.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Spanish Broadcasting System is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, place, train, transfer and promote persons in all job titles on the basis of qualifications of the individual for the position being filled, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, and local law. We will ensure that all personnel actions such as employment, upgrading, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, benefits, demotions, recruitment, terminations, layoffs, and returns from layoffs, will be administered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state and federal law. No employee or applicant will be coerced, intimidated, retaliated against, interfered with or discriminated against for filing a complaint or assisting in an investigation concerning equal opportunity, discrimination, or harassment. Spanish Broadcasting System operates on an equal opportunity basis with respect to female and minority owned businesses and encourages its employees to refer such businesses to Spanish Broadcasting.