About Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS):
Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) is a leading Hispanic media company that owns and operates 17 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico. SBS also operates AIRE Radio Networks, a national radio platform programming to over 250 affiliated stations.
SBS also owns MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts, events and digital content on its free bilingual music app, LaMusica.
The Director, Business Development, SBS (National) will be responsible for identifying client prospects and securing new business revenue across our radio, digital and experiential/concerts platforms. Working closely with the national and network sales teams, the Director, Business Development, will also be responsible for developing strategies that will grow our current advertising share with existing and prospect clients.
Seeking candidates from New York, Miami, Los Angeles and Chicago.
Responsibilities will include:
- Innovative business leader who has an exceptional understanding of the Hispanic, multicultural consumer and marketplace
- Develop and secure revenue generating partnership across our radio, digital and experiential/concert platforms; from client/agency prospecting to managing new business sales efforts, must be able to grow our current and prospect client list
- Dynamic thinker who can identify opportunities and present compelling new partnership opportunities to prospect clients and potential media partners
- Foster strong relationships with brand leaders, marketing professionals as well as decision makers at advertising agencies; remain in constant communication by sharing new potential opportunities that align with client objectives
- Provide exceptional client and agency service throughout new business sales process
- Work closely with marketing/ideation teams to conceptualize opportunities that ascertain clients’ needs and objectives
- Represent SBS national sales and corporate teams in the Hispanic marketplace; develop a deep understanding of all of our brands
- Ability to understand and translate qualitative and quantitative research
- Must maintain excellent and organized client target lists and provide status/knowledge of each account on weekly basis
- Willingness to learn additional analytics tools and take on tasks as required to grow business
- Excellent presentation skills with the unique ability to engage client and agency decision makers with knowledge of SBS multimedia properties, Hispanic consumer, marketplace; clearly communicate deal points and terms
- Exceptional client relationship skills; maintain strong sense of urgency when responding to new business prospects, client/agency needs
- Demonstrate a strong track record for developing new business and revenue generating strategies
- 5+ years business development experience
- Experience selling radio, digital, experiential and sponsorship packages; must be a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related fields, MBA preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of Hispanic multicultural market
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); weekly activity/billing reports to be impeccably maintained and shared with management on a weekly basis
- Creative, forward-thinker with exceptional communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel
Interested candidates must submit cover letter and resume/CV to MMarino@aireradionetworks.com