Spanish Broadcasting System seeks a motivated, dynamic and professional an Legal Administrative Assistant based in Miami to support the company’s Legal Department. This position will provide key support and assist with the running of the department’s operations. The ideal individual must be able to handle confidential matters with discretion, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possess strong written and verbal communication, demonstrate high-level administrative and organizational skills, and proven success maintaining a realistic balance among multiple, shifting priorities. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in improving the productivity of assigned leaders by crafting organizational processes, coordinating team meetings, assisting with deck and meeting preparation and filling in gaps where needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Legal Department, maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive and/or critical information in a fast-paced environment and meeting important deadlines.
- Acting as the point of contact between the executives and internal or external colleagues.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation and distribution of agendas and materials for meetings or events.
- Arrange and coordinate web-based meetings, tele-conferences and screen sharing in advance of the meeting and anticipating the needs of each meeting, including setting up location and testing of video and audio equipment prior to meetings.
- Coordinate and maintain active calendar of meetings in synchronization with people at all levels, independently or as directed.
- Uses judgement, professionalism and efficient use of appropriate questions to ensure schedule stays on track and productive.
- Manage communications access including telephone calls, e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment and discretion to determine those requiring priority attentions.
- Makes domestic and international travel accommodations and reviews and reconciles all expense and travel reports for accuracy and compliance with corporate policy.
- Effectively use the latest technology and platforms to generate, keep, organize and share documents, such as Outlook 365, Teams, OneDrive, etc., as well as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- System Administrator of Legal Track, management of the daily system intake requests and document management of legal files.
- Compose and prepare correspondence (presentations, memos, emails) on request.
- Takes notes in team meetings, distributes meeting notes, and follows up to make sure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of discretion and confidentiality in managing and placing calls, messages, correspondence and documents.
- Take initiative to assist as issues arise and find/propose solutions to problems as they arise.
- Order and replenish department supplies.
- Order catering for business meals.
- Effectively coordinate the resolution of problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Coordinate with multi-functional, multi-department teams to support events and projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant working at a law firm with demonstrated success providing administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, resourceful, pro-active, detail-oriented, quick-thinking and energetic with the self-assurance to effectively gather necessary information from executives to efficiently complete projects.
- Track record of meeting, high standards of excellence and achievement, having demonstrated skill in problem-solving.
- Must be flexible, poised, and able to manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision.
- High level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and follow up skills.
- Experience with a travel and expense system, specifically Concur a plus.
- Should possess strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Cisco Webex and similar technology driven communication platforms.
- Clear and positive communicator, developing solid relationships with persons at all levels.
- Must be trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Problem solver. Pitches in to help where and whenever possible.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Able to act in a proactive manner and solve challenges with limited direction.
- Experience managing multiple calendars and booking travel.
- Experience working with teams in different geographies/time zones a plus.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.