As a pioneer in Spanish-language media, SBS has always been at the forefront of the evolution of Hispanic entertainment in the U.S. In this era of technological advancements and media convergence, SBS is poised to capitalize on its vast array of proprietary content across multiple platforms. Our unwavering commitment is to create exceptional, high-quality branded entertainment that resonates deeply with the Hispanic consumer. Our impressive growth on the web with LaMusica.com and the promising reception of our latest venture, the podcast initiative, are testament to SBS’ long-term strategy. By seamlessly delivering content through diverse channels, we not only maximize revenue but also extend the reach of our beloved brands. SBS remains steadfast in our leadership position in today’s dynamic and ever-expanding U.S. Hispanic market, and we are determined to continue pushing boundaries and shaping the future of Hispanic media.
Perform radio commercial scheduling functions accurately, confidentially, efficiently and to ensure that all commercials and programming are accurately and timely logged in conformance with company procedure and FCC guidelines. The position maintains effective communication about needed assets, information, and timelines. You should be able to work within deadlines, both as we are implementing new ad campaigns, but also as you are managing assigned projects.
At SBS we are proud to be a hands-on, fast-moving, and always evolving company. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving environment, has an entrepreneurial mindset, is a great cultural fit, and brings the appropriate structure to ambiguous, often rapidly changing environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive local, agency and national client and/or Sales personnel traffic and copy instructions
- Interpret instructions and ensure proper copy airing
- Coordinate with Production and Sales departments to ensure copies run as instructed
- Monitor, read, review edit copy to ensure compliance with Company policy, laws, regulations, and to detect vulgar, in moral, libelous or misleading statements
- Work closely with local management, account executives and clients in professional and timely manner
- Enter copy rotation
- Assign cart identification house numbers
- Research missing/incorrect copy and provide Sales with missing/incorrect copy report
- Utilize VCreative system to process production orders for commercials to be dubbed, produced, and prepared for air
- Maintain commercial library, purge list, and facilitate recycling of expired carts
- Monitor, research, and document any spot discrepancies that occur
- Assist with documenting, updating, and maintaining ad specs, trafficking, and workflow procedures for accounts
- Assist with traffic logs when needed
- Prepare log reconciliation daily for weekly and monthly billing, clear all unresolved preempts and discrepancies
- Generate and distribute reports (avails, preempt, Pre-logs/Post logs and spot times) for sales team
- Serve as second backup for Traffic Manager
- Experience with data entry and the ability to do it with a high attention to detail, accuracy and speed
- Previous experience with Radio commercial traffic preferred
- Strong understanding of DFP, Excel, and Google Products and Ad Manager
- Wide Orbit and Vcreative experience preferred.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask, excellent time management
- Can-do attitude along with a strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally with management, sales and advertisers.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Self-motivate individual with analytical and quantitative skills capable of independent work and follow-through and working effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge in WideOrbit highly preferred
- Fully Bilingual Spanish and English
Why work for SBS?
Spanish Broadcasting Systems (SBS) offers a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of the leading Hispanic-focused media company in the industry. By joining our team, you will become an integral part of shaping and influencing the landscape of Spanish-language broadcasting. We take pride in our rich heritage and commitment to serving the vibrant Hispanic community with compelling content and innovative programming. At SBS, you will be surrounded by a diverse and talented group of professionals who share a passion for media, creativity, and cultural connectivity. We foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued and recognized. With access to state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies, you will have the tools to bring your ideas to life and create impactful experiences for our audience. Additionally, SBS provides ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, with ongoing learning and development programs designed to enhance your skills and advance your career. If you are seeking a dynamic and rewarding career in the world of Spanish-language broadcasting, SBS is the place to be. Join us and be part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of millions of people every day.