Employee shall perform as Local Sales Manager Los Angeles and shall represent the Company to the best of Employee’s ability. Employee shall perform all sales related activities as are customarily rendered by persons engaged in the same or a similar capacity as are customarily rendered by persons engaged in the same or a similar capacity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and services local metro area radio advertising Account Executives.
- Assists the A/E’s to present and negotiate local sales and marketing programs for the purposes of increasing profits.
- Assures that the rates being provided are within station guidelines, and the contracts being processed do not conflict with any other clients or legal mandates.
- Assists the A/E’s in maintaining relationships and favorable contacts on a regular basis with current and potential accounts.
- Guides A/E’s in targeting potential local advertisers and develops relationships in order to acquire new accounts.
- Familiar with standard sales concepts, practices, and procedures within the sales field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan their strategy to accomplish assigned budgets.
- Performs a variety of tasks, such using computer terminal, and other word processors, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Approves all corresponding local sales contracts. Assures data within insertion order agrees to that of the sales contract. Authorizes rate breakdown on Package Deal contracts.
- Assures that when necessary, any spots that need to be “made good” are followed up on accordingly and approved by the clients.
- Reviews the daily “Avail Report” as well as any over-sold dayparts. Authorizes the bumping of spots during oversold dayparts. This authorization assures that the Local Sales Manager has evaluated the consequences of not airing a spot in relation to the others, all in the best interest of the stations.
- Reviews the “Contract Verification Report” listing all bumped spots and assures each A/E follows up with the bumped advertiser, so that revenues are not lost.
- Supervises Account Executives, and the Administrative Assistant Supervisor, reviewing and evaluating the work and performance these positions.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with established corporate standards
- Monitors the market stations to keep informed on what advertisers are doing in competitive stations.
- Works under the general supervision of the General Sales Manager, and General Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with at least 5 years of experience in Media Sales or in a related area with a high volume of sales, and management.
- A high degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and discipline, as well as negotiating skills.
- Ability to create advertising proposals and exercise excellent presentation skills.
- Ample knowledge of radio broadcast sales tools, such as Arbitron rating numbers, Maximiser, Scarborough Research, and Tapscan, including the use of formulas in sales proposals and presentations
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.