This developer will build moderate to complex features and work with a remote team that will handle the more complex aspects of the apps we have on the Google Play Store.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the end-user experience.
- Implement and deliver complex features for users.
- Actively and independently acquire knowledge of new development technologies in areas such as mobile video development and UX.
- Work closely with the development team to respond, clarify or define specific application behavior, look/feel and function.
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Manage detailed application requirements and collaborate with project /development teams to ensure quality function, features and user experience.
- Influence system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Ensure code is regression free, documented and unit tested.
- Participate in design and wireframe review to provide a technical perspective on implementation.
- 1-2 years of object-oriented software development experience. Background in Java and Kotlin preferred.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design.
- Android native application development experience is preferred. Understanding of Android Studio.
- Experience with React Native is preferred but not required.
- Experience in web services development (JSON, XML), version control systems (Git/SourceTree), and Trello (Project Management).
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and take on challenging research opportunities.
- Solid understanding of best practices in Android mobile development, Chromecasting.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred but not required.
No third parties/recruiters. Sorry, relocation allowance is not available for this position.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Our Company
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) is a leading Spanish-language media and entertainment company in the United States. SBS owns and operates 17 radio stations located in the Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, including the #1 Spanish-language radio station in America, WSKQ-FM in New York City, as well as 4 of the top 7 rated radio stations airing the Tropical, Mexican Regional, Spanish Adult Contemporary and Hurban format genres. SBS also owns and operates Mega TV, a television operation serving the South Florida market with national distribution through DirecTV. SBS also produces live concerts and events throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In addition, SBS operates lamusica.com, a bilingual Spanish-English online site providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture.