This position leads and directs the design and production of visual and audio materials and media used for advertising, broadcast, and web communications. Oversees creation of art, photo, video, and layout design. Guides all projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the creative process from concept to completion for SBSE division
- Translates marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Works closely with multidisciplinary project teams, particularly IT and La Musica
- Leads and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral
- Ensures visual communication and brand standards are met
- Oversees client pitches and proposals
- Assists Director of Business Affairs in profitability, deliverables, timelines, and budgets on client pitches and initiatives
- Meets with clients or upper management to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Reviews work, troubleshoots and provides feedback to creative teams
- Remains actively involved in hiring and training creative staff
- Manages and cultivate the career development of staff members, including designers, art directors, copywriters, photographers and web developers
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employee will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- May lead projects.
- BS degree in art, graphic, design, Marketing or related field
- At least five years of experience as graphic designers, photographers, copywriters or editors, marketing or advertising assistants, artists or similar positions
- Strong understanding of industry trends and creative tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert knowledge of the business side of design is a major plus.
- Stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.