We are seeking an experienced HR Operations Manager to oversee all functions of our Human Resources department and provide support to our employees. you will be responsible for both administering and performing the HR department’s day-to-day strategic and administrative tasks, including but not limited to: hiring and interviewing, pay administration, safety, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of direct HR management and employee relations experience as well as the strong ability to pivot between tasks and ongoing projects.
· Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession
· Oversee and facilitate the administration of all personnel related changes including position changes, compensation changes, transfers and reassignment, and more across our 8 offices (New York, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Puerto Rico)
· Ensure employee inquiries and market requests are addressed in a timely manner across our 8 offices (New York, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Puerto Rico)
· Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
· Manage and administer benefit and compensation programs, from retirement plans and health insurance to life insurance and beyond
· Point of contact for Employee Relations for various levels/ groups within the organization.
· Enforce management guidelines by effectively developing, updating, interpreting and recommending human resource policies and procedures
· Maintain current knowledge of legal requirements as well as state and federal regulations that impact human resource functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
· Supports the Legal Department in union matters such as collective bargaining negotiations as well as in the processing grievances
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
· Support and partner with the Finance team on key areas such as cost reduction measures, reporting, and compensation strategy.
· Oversee the Payroll processing function utilizing ADP
· Candidates must have a minimum of 7-10 years of HR experience, with a strong knowledge of HR policies, practices, and compliance
· 5+ years of tactical Human Resources function, which includes supporting multiple levels of management
· Strong employee relations experience
· Strong results orientation, high sense of urgency, and experience delivering top-quality HR services
· Ability to work independently and adapt to changing business priorities
· Strong verbal & written communication skills
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· Experience in union environments a plus
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired