IT Technical Support Specialist ensure proper computer operations so that users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, provide guidance, monitor tickets, investigate unresolved issues, troubleshoot configuration issues, perform software installations and actively resolving end user help requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to all staff members via phone, remote connection or in person
- Provide support to all agents to ensure email connectivity, internet and printer access
- Create users in Active Directory, setup permission and access rights
- Do preventive maintenance on all network devices and the server
- Create and manage users in email provider (Microsoft 365)
- Create/manage users on all web services (Microsoft 365, Adobe, Dropbox, TeamViewer, etc.)
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot desktop and laptops running Windows or Mac OS Operating systems
- Setup emails on email clients and mobile devices for Microsoft 365
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot personal and office printers
- Troubleshoot network issues including Wi-Fi access and internet access
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot VOIP phones (FortiVoice)
- In-person visits to our offices to provide support as needed
- Research solutions and workarounds for known issues
- Record, track and document solutions for future problems
- Backup network devices configurations
- Prioritize and schedule problems
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQs resources on the Internet for problem resolution
- Be available to provide support after hours and on weekends as needed
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users
- Perform other assignments as needed
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience is required.
- An associate’s degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
- Should possess strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams, Cisco Webex and similar technology driven communication platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and networking
- Basic understanding of DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPs, POP, IMAP, and MAPI protocols
- Application support experience
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
- 3+ years of experience with PC hardware performing installations, configurations, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows software
- Experience with HappyFox a plus
- Experience with Fortinet a plus
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and short timelines
Work involves exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work requires sitting for extended periods of time.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.