JOB TITLE: Junior Accountant
SBS the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media and entertainment company in the US is looking to hire an experience Accountant at its Miami offices. Great working environment; salary commensurate with experience.
- Overall accounting and variance analysis, primarily of television production and programming activities, as well as digital operations and other general accounting areas.
- Perform various functions directly related to the accounting month-end close process, which include but are not limited to:
- Preparing journal entries and supporting schedules,
- Reconciling bank and ledger accounts,
- Reviewing detailed transactions for accuracy and validity of accounting treatment.
- Perform day-to-day production and programming activities.
- Analyze and Prepare entries related to payrolls, benefits, commissions, barter, invoices, contracts, and various vendor payments for posting to the general ledger.
- Analyze actual results against budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare ad-hoc or other financial reports, as necessary.
- Maintain US GAAP accounting and ensure compliance with all relevant accounting literature.
- Maintain SOX compliance and update related process flows.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Television production accounting and/or cost accounting experience, preferable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish required).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and WideOrbit, preferable.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com