The Maintenance is responsible for maintaining a cleanly facility by completing a variety of cleaning tasks. Their duties include mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning surfaces with disinfectant and emptying trash cans or recycling bins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean the interior of buildings including floors, carpet, rugs, windows and walls
- Disinfect commonly used items like desks, door handles, office tools and phones
- Maintain cleaning inventory, placing orders for new products when needed
- Maintain outdoor grounds, cut grass and trim bushes
- Remove debris and snow from sidewalks
- Replace air filters and maintain HVAC systems
- Empty trash and recycling bins
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Demonstrate the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools
- Lifting and moving of heavy items (water heaters, appliances, rock salt)
- Perform routine, preventative maintenance
- Use a variety of building trade skills
- Be able to work on step/extension ladders
- Keep track of inventory.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Identify safety and hazardous conditions.
- Follow company operational and safety procedures.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule as required to meet the needs of the property
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Integrity and ability to work independently Understand and follow Westover Companies core values.
- High school degree
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.