This position is responsible for surveying customer preferences and statistical data in order to support customers during their decision making process regarding product designs, prices and promotions. The successful market researcher will be able to analyze autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and compiles data related to current product market, customer demographics and interest, and factors influencing product demand; analyzes results to identify ways of maximizing sales and market penetration of current products
- Collects data on consumers, competitors and marketplace and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Summarizes and analyzes data; makes recommendations related to research findings
- Understands business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Forecasts and tracks industry marketing and sales trends based on collected data
- Compiles and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Interprets data, formulates reports and make recommendations
- Uses online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provides competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluates program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remains fully informed on market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices
- Reports findings, complete with graphs illustrating data and written text explaining complex findings
- Delivers reports and presentations of findings to management and/or executive leadership
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employee will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- May lead projects.
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
- Proven Market Research Analysis experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior research and analytical skills and critical thinking
- Ability to translate complex concepts and methodologies into easily understood language
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical databases and MS Office
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling, and mining
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish)
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.