POSITION TITLE: Social Media Strategy Manager (FULL TIME)
DEPARTMENT: Interactive – All Markets
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc (SBS) is the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled Media and Entertainment Company in the US. SBS is comprised of 4 business units: Radio, TV, Entertainment (events) and Digital. The radio division is the second largest Hispanic radio group in the US, and owns and operates 21 radio stations and the Aire Radio Network, made up of 90+ affiliated stations. Mega TV is the company’s TV channel, which is available on both broadcast and cable/satellite distribution platforms nationally. The events division, SBS Entertainment is the leading Hispanic event company in the US and produces live concert tours and festival events across the country. The Digital division includes 13 local and national brand websites, as well as the premium app LaMusica, a music vertical focused on Hispanic consumers. The company was founded in 1983 and since then has played a leading role in Hispanic media and entertainment in the US.
The Social Media Strategy Manager lives and breathes all aspects of social media, and should be very knowledgeable about pop culture and (more specifically) Latin music. This individual will be responsible for developing high-impact social media strategies, and will oversee the growth of all SBS social media accounts. This individual should have deep knowledge of best practices across all platforms, be able to acquire new customers, and ultimately manage any sales campaigns and/or marketing initiatives that run across social media. This person provides innovative solutions that are based on consumer insights. This person will communicate and lead a social media team that spans 6 markets (including New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Puerto Rico, Chicago and San Francisco).
- Oversee the execution of social media strategy across our local brands.
- Ensure that best practices policies are being enforced in local pages.
- Oversee the distribution and publishing of content.
- Lead a team of Social Media Associates across 6 markets.
- Manage the overall quality of work across multiple brands.
- Thorough knowledge of social and other digital management tools such as Sprout Social, Simply Measured, Hootsuite, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Analytics, Tweetdeck, among others.
- Oversee live coverage of main station events, including coordination of local promotions team.
- Guide local radio celebrities on best practices for personal & station pages.
- Communicate growth and performance on a weekly basis to SBS management.
- Develop alternate content to support client campaigns.
- Develop fun content tailored to local audiences.
- Generate reports for clients after campaign completion.
- Exhibit strong understanding of social media metrics and implement content quality strategy.
- Manage authentic social media voice and content strategy across channels.
- Identify and report regularly on KPIs and success criteria; optimize campaigns based on leanings
- Spanish and English – complete fluency in written and verbal communication.
- Must be a team builder and a team player with proven track record of leading initiatives.
- Familiarity with social community management including hands-on management of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and emerging platforms.
- Is a Creative Thinker
- Developed ability to influence co-workers across departments
- Extensive knowledge of all things social and digital with a strong understanding of how social influence is built and leveraged.
- Ability to prioritize and calendarize client posts as well as station driven content posts.
- Must be able to reform content to be easily digestible for our audience.
- Familiarity with local audience music preferences (e.g. Regional Mexican & Pop, Urban Music).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and adapt to emerging trends.
- Comfortable in making decisions with limited time.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Ability to develop and implement paid social, community management, content development, influencer campaigns for brands.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and highly proactive
EXPERIENCE AND CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Media or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in digital/social media with successful planning and management of social campaigns driving KPI’s.
- Agency experience desirable.
- Corporate communications experience a must.
- Miami, Florida, United States
- FULL TIME
Please send all resumes to email@example.com