ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop new user-facing features
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
· Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
• Motivated individual & team player that can independently prioritize, build and integrate to APIs, have a desire in improving DevOps pipelines, and communicate well with development teams (including writing documentation)
• Has a passion for building beautiful, fast applications/interfaces
• Strong knowledge of browser video/audio APIs (HLS, m4a, aac, video.js)
• Expertise in MongoDB (MySQL a plus)
• Experience with WordPress, PHP development
• Strong control of the Linux command line and server administration (SELinux, Redhat Enterprise 7)
• Plus if familiar/exposure with: Containerization, Docker, Varnish, Hitch, Apache, Let’s Encrypt (Certbot), Git, Redis, Elasticsearch, Socket.io, Wowza, Shoutcast, Node.js PM2
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.