Chyron Operator supports all live programming. The ideal candidate has the ability to not only create show graphics but also brainstorm fun, exciting ways to display content, creating additional design elements as necessary. You should have the ability to keep up with a fast-paced newsroom environment efficiently, and strong candidates will be able to quickly update graphics with statistical information. Must be able to work excellent under pressure and have experience working in a control room to support live productions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews final on-air product to assure high quality and notifies producers of any potential editorial problems.
- Effectively communicating with management on a daily basis.
- Assists with breaking news coverage, and last minute programming changes as necessary.
- Communicate efficiently with News and production personnel internally and externally.
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment.
- Follows directives from producers and directors during production of live and recorded sports segments and programs in the control room, studio, and remote truck situations.
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing to work different shifts or longer shifts due to “breaking news,”etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Documented Chyron hardware and software expertise is a must
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations.
- Knowledge with TV broadcast operations.
- A base knowledge of industry talent and vendors.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work requires to be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups. Work outdoors in all weather conditions and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
- SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.