Sr. Master Control Operator is responsible for, but not limited to, recording and play-out of all channel material, monitoring and controlling the video server as well as switching live content, organizing programming during weekends and forecast future shift changes that might be needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor on-air signal for technical standards, video and audio quality, and time accuracy.
- Ingest all elements from tape to the server.
- QC material to broadcast standards and create material documentation for all on-air content
- Consolidate traffic logs with video server playlist and document on-air content elements with signature verification.
- Email shift reports and document vital info concerning playout and Master Control.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Complete knowledge of broadcasting standards, RF standards and test signals.
- Must be technically literate and be able to read scopes and monitoring equipment.
- Microsoft Office, Windows, Leitch Servers, Leitch Routers, Sony Digibeta Decks.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, nights, holidays, and overnights if needed.
- Ability to perform in a low supervisory environment.
- Ability to make rapid decisions that affect directly our on-air performance and documentation of such occurrences.
- Technical Degree or technical history in a Broadcasting facility
- At least 2 years of Master Control experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High Level of awareness and attention to detail
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.