The TV Producer is responsible for working with reporters to obtain information (when applicable), write scripts, build graphics and deliver compelling live shots and packages on tight deadlines. Develops TV show concepts, supervise writers, budgets, guides crew members, makes casting decisions, and evaluates the project’s overall quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes and copy-edits scripts for productions
- Selects images, sound bites, and other elements for videos
- Monitors pre-production, production, and post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of all details including: scripting, shooting of b-roll & interviews, scouting and reserving locations for recordings (including getting written permits when necessary), researching facts, contacts & stats, ordering graphics, coordinating editing
- Remains read-in and familiar with daily developments on stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment
- Works with reporters or talent to set up interviews, ask questions, and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
- Communicates with teams and supervisors to discuss production goals, progress and ensure production objectives are being met
- Reviews products before final delivery to ensure quality & accuracy
- Works with editors and gives creative guidance to make sure they deliver visually compelling stories
- Resolves issues that arise during the production process by acting as a liaison between dissenting parties when necessary
- Collaborates on innovative ideas and taking them from concept through execution and delivery
- Attends briefing, kick off, pre and pro and review meetings
- Manages the day-to-day operations and timelines of projects and creative teams internally
- Building relationships with all vendors to support creative projects and oversee the logistics management for project operations.
- Manages client’s expectations and giving recommendations when required
- Presents production budgets and schedules and addresses production related questions for internal and external clients
- Provides input for director and vendor selection process
- Directs activities (casting, shooting, creating product) of staff and/or external parties involved in production activities
- Arranges for timely delivery of materials to Agency and clients
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- May lead projects
- A minimum of 5 years broadcast experience is required
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations.
- Knowledge with TV broadcast operations and FCC content regulations.
- A base knowledge of industry talent and vendors
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- FCC General Class license or SBE certification is a plus.
- Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work requires to be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups. Work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.