About Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS):
Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) is a leading Hispanic media company that owns and operates 17 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico. SBS also operates AIRE Radio Networks, a national radio platform programming to over 250 affiliated stations.
SBS also owns MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts, events and digital content on its free bilingual music app, LaMusica.
The National Sales Manager (NSM) will be responsible for overseeing the national sales efforts for Spanish Broadcasting Systems’ national division, with a focus on Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Puerto Rico markets. The NSM will reach business sales goals and maximize revenue by cultivating relationships with agencies/clients and identifying new business opportunities.
Seeking candidates from New York, Miami, Los Angeles and Chicago.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dynamic, ‘go-getter’ sales professional with proven track record
- Grow SBS’s national share of advertising dollars by creating and selling 360/multichannel media packages including radio, digital, live music events, television and influencer campaigns
- Work closely with the EVP and SVP, national/network sales as well as the national division on all sales efforts: develop strategic plans that increase share, target new business accounts and service current/prospect clients
- Excellent presentation skills; must be able to concisely deliver information and engage advertising agency professionals and clients
- Have strong knowledge and deep understanding of the Hispanic and multicultural consumer and advertising landscape; must be able to effectively create innovative sales pitches and secure new sources of advertising, marketing, digital, influencer and event/experiential accounts
- Cultivate relationships with advertising agency leaders and clients; establish continuous communication channels in order to gather target account intel and provide information on potential partnerships/opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of our business model, owned and operated radio stations and key Hispanic markets
- Work alongside marketing/ideation team to develop customized ideation packages for clients that showcase the power of our local radio stations, national/network platforms, digital app and music events; follow-through each campaign with turn-key campaign execution, measure KPIs and continue to grow secured/new partnerships
- Manage accounts relating to national business in respective territory (TBD) and foster a deep connection with internal local, network and digital sales teams
- Maintain excellent account and new business target records; must provide sales management clear/concise account status on a weekly basis
- Ability to understand and translate qualitative and quantitative research
- Exceptional client relationship and campaign management skills; deep sense of urgency when it comes to replying to agency/client needs
- Willingness to learn additional analytics tools and take on tasks as required to grow business
- 5+ years established media sales experience
- Experience selling radio, digital, experiential and sponsorship packages; must be a team player
- Expert with Counterpoint, Salesforce, Wimby, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Social Media, Google/digital analytics tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related fields
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal
- Proven track record in sales, new business development and developing sales teams
- Strong communication skills and understanding of multicultural market
- Forward-thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel
Interested candidates must submit cover letter and resume/CV to MMarino@aireradionetworks.com