Ensures that all broadcast systems in area of assignment are working properly to ensure that programs are broadcast on time and to the highest quality. Performs and completes projects including installing, configuring, and testing broadcast equipment. Maintains existing equipment and modifies as needed. be responsible for all operational aspects of the New York market consisting of 2 FM stations. Develops strategies and initiatives for a functional area. Recommends policies, methods or processes; serves as expert advisor to internal /external clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains overall digital broadcasting electronic systems and related equipment for optimum transmission/broadcast performance
- Maintains traditional radio and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment including but not limited to RF switchers, transmitters, transceivers, studio consoles and associated audio equipment
- Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems
- Conducts routine diagnostic testing, preventive maintenance, repair and coordinate replacement of all equipment used for radio stations broadcasts
- Provides technology solutions and services in the design, development, modification, implementation, and maintenance of cost-effective infrastructure
- Document equipment maintenance, repair, and replacements
- Makes decisions on test equipment, parts, and related tools needed for use in maintenance and repair
- Installs, maintains, and supports desktop computer equipment for internal users as well as company-owned sites within market
- This is a service-oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communications, personable interaction with fellow employees and organizational skills
- Responsible for repairing or replacing broken or outdated equipment; seeks technical support from the manufacturer or sends equipment for repair as needed
- Provides technical support to all the departments; responds to and resolves transmission issues; replaces or reconfigures decoders as needed
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems; restarts or reconfigures defective equipment; works with other departments as needed to ensure that issues are resolved; responds to equipment malfunctions or outages anytime they occur
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years radio broadcast experience is required.
- An associate’s degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
- Knowledge with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, transmitter site RF equipment as well as possessing strong computer/IT skills.
- Should possess strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Cisco Webex and similar technology driven communication platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and networking
- Ability to use typical broadcast and electronics test equipment
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast engineering or related field
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- FCC General Class license or SBE certification is a plus
- Work involves exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work requires to be able to climb ladders, work in small places.