IT help desk technicians provide technical support and troubleshooting services to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware or software. In-house technicians only provide support for internal employees. Help desk technicians need a deep understanding of computer hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Imaging, maintaining, and repairing hardware such as laptops, tablets, workstations, and printers
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of software and hardware
- Distributes software to PCs manually and using automated techniques
- Provides level 1 and some level 2 support as needed
- Work with other agencies to coordinate physical PC moves related to setups, office relocations, and personnel reassignments.
- Create, Modify, and Delete Active Directory accounts
- Configure and manage network IP addressing
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years radio broadcast experience is required.
- An associate’s degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
- Knowledge with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, transmitter site RF equipment as well as possessing strong computer/IT skills.
- Should possess strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Cisco Webex and similar technology driven communication platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and networking
- Ability to use typical broadcast and electronics test equipment
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
- 3+ years of experience with PC hardware performing installations, configurations, and troubleshooting
- College degree or equivalent technical study preferred
- Knowledge of Windows software
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and short timelines
- Work involves exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work requires to be able to climb ladders, work in small places.