As General Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with the SBS Sales team in Orlando and Tampa guiding Account Executives in targeting potential local advertisers and developing relationships in order to acquire new accounts and assuring that the station pricing is in line with ratings and market demands. In addition, you’ll also need the skill set to work in a fast-paced environment that often includes multiple, concurrent projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and servicing local and national metro area radio advertising Account Executives and Managers
- Assisting the Account Executives and Managers to present and negotiate local and national sales and marketing programs for purposes of increasing profits
- Manage pricing to assure that rates are within station guidelines and the contracts being processed do not conflict with any other clients or legal mandates
- Assisting the Account Executives in maintaining relationships and favorable contacts on a regular basis with current and potential accounts
- Provide guidance to Account Executives and Managers in targeting potential local advertisers and developing relationships in order to acquire new accounts
- Collaborate with the General Manager to assure that station pricing is in line with ratings and market demands in order to maximize revenue potential and that all contracts are being processed correctly in order to avoid credits and/or any legal issues
- Assist sellers in maintaining and developing ongoing relationships with key clients and prospects on a routine basis
- Work closely with Local and National Sales Managers in order to create, review and implement strategy on how to best meet and/or exceed station revenue goals
- Manage the implementation quarterly and annual sales budgets for each team member to align with station’s overall revenue targets
- Manage all client related issues in a timely basis
- Manage Avail Report and Contract Verification Reports to optimally authorize the movement of spots and to assure each seller follows up with advertiser and avoids revenue losses
- Monitor the stations in the market to keep informed on what advertisers are active
- Identify revenue opportunities, track leads and create effective presentations that will yield financial results
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and/or equivalent media broadcast sales experience
- Minimum five years of management experience with a proven track record of success as a team builder in Radio, TV and digital media sales
- Possess exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, to communicate with internal teams and clients.
- Effective interpersonal and team player skills
- Excellent organizational and effective negotiating skills
- Solid understanding of all research and other broadcast related sales tools such as Nielsen, Scarborough, Tapscan, Miller Kaplan, Media Monitors
Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.