As a pioneer in Spanish-language media, SBS has always been at the forefront of the evolution of Hispanic entertainment in the U.S. In this era of technological advancements and media convergence, SBS is poised to capitalize on its vast array of proprietary content across multiple platforms. Our unwavering commitment is to create exceptional, high-quality branded entertainment that resonates deeply with the Hispanic consumer. Our impressive growth on the web with LaMusica.com and the promising reception of our latest venture, the podcast initiative, are testament to SBS’ long-term strategy. By seamlessly delivering content through diverse channels, we not only maximize revenue but also extend the reach of our beloved brands. SBS remains steadfast in our leadership position in today’s dynamic and ever-expanding U.S. Hispanic market, and we are determined to continue pushing boundaries and shaping the future of Hispanic media.
The Administrative and Finance Clerk is responsible for efficiently maintaining and processing accounts receivable, commissions, purchase orders, new vendors, and accounts payables among other duties within the Accounting Department in our Puerto Rico office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the receipt of daily payments in all types of transactions.
- Process electronic deposits and maintain electronic filing.
- Responsible for the daily cash application in Wide Orbit and Counterpoint Systems.
- Balance daily cash application and generation of daily aged receipts reports.
- Process daily consolidated credit card transactions.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of aged receivable accounts.
- Prepare Monthly Revenue Share Reports
- Commission’s files maintenance.
- Print reports for preparation, segregation, and delivery of commissions for the Sales Department on monthly basis (if necessary)
- Create PO in Concur System, enter the necessary information according to the quote received and approved. (If a department needs supplies, materials, or service the departments managers must give a quote to prepare a PO).
- Verify and follow up on the approvals of the POs created.
- Verify if the merchandise was received with the Manager Department
- Create New Vendors Forms in the SBS Suppliers Approval system (using the W9 forms)
- Verify and follow up on the approvals of the vendor forms created.
- Work on daily basis with Concur software to verify client’s accounts, aging, balances, etc.
- Each week verify if all the payment request in Concur are done, if not enter all the information of all pending payment in an Excel Spreadsheet and send it to Corporate Accounts Payables
- Assists the market controller with the monthly adjustments of “AP Others”.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience within accounting processes
- Proficient Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of Wide Orbit System
- High degree of attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Clear written and verbal communications
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work for SBS?
Spanish Broadcasting Systems (SBS) offers a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of the leading Hispanic-focused media company in the industry. By joining our team, you will become an integral part of shaping and influencing the landscape of Spanish-language broadcasting. We take pride in our rich heritage and commitment to serving the vibrant Hispanic community with compelling content and innovative programming. At SBS, you will be surrounded by a diverse and talented group of professionals who share a passion for media, creativity, and cultural connectivity. We foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued and recognized. With access to state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies, you will have the tools to bring your ideas to life and create impactful experiences for our audience. Additionally, SBS provides ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, with ongoing learning and development programs designed to enhance your skills and advance your career. If you are seeking a dynamic and rewarding career in the world of Spanish-language broadcasting, SBS is the place to be. Join us and be part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of millions of people every day.