Spanish Broadcasting System seeks a Social Media Coordinator understands how to boost awareness and engagement in the online community, and should be knowledgeable about pop culture and (specifically) Latin music and celebrities. This individual should be an experienced marketing professional who can create compelling, impactful messaging and content that engages consumers. This individual should have deep knowledge of best practices across all social and digital platforms. Must be able to manage multiple sales and company campaigns and/or marketing initiatives across multiple social media platforms; analyzing and implementing changes throughout to optimize the campaign(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, track, and analyze posts and campaigns across multiple social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Giphy, etc.)
- Community Management – Monitor and respond to user conversations across social media channels (Manage and support social media postings with timely and thoughtful responses to comments.)
- Support social media campaigns such as client-specific marketing initiatives, giveaways, and contests.
- Manage paid social media campaigns.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy and content calendar for all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Write creative copy and produce digital content for social platforms such as IG / FB stories for WCW, New Music Fridays, etc.
- Work with the production team to promote all content in multiple ways across social.
- Work cross-functionally with digital, programming, and sales teams to develop content, targeted campaigns, and ensure a consistent user experience.
- Monitor and analyze performance to prepare monthly analytics report and recommendations.
- Pitch creative ideas to drive audience growth and increase engagement.
- Creative thinking to meet the challenges of the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Gather content and represent the company at events, industry associations, and social functions (includes some weekends)
- Identify key social media influencers, talent, and industry news.
- Work with station talent to promote on-air giveaways.
- Follow along current events and news for MegaTV and Zeta and be able to be on the pulse of current events and trends in Latin music.
- Spanish writing and proper grammar is a must.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- A Bachelor degree or its equivalent with 5-7 years of experience in Social Media Coordination.
- 3-5 years of media experience preferred.
- Experience handling multiple social profiles for multiple brands.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Excellent organizational skills and discipline.
- Ability to create advertising proposals and exercise excellent presentation skills.
- Ample knowledge of radio broadcast
- Strong organizational skills, excellent command of verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and multitask under deadline pressures
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.