The Social Media Strategy Manager lives and breathes all aspects of social media and should be very knowledgeable about pop culture and (more specifically) Latin music. This individual will be responsible for developing high-impact social media strategies, and will oversee the growth of all SBS social media accounts. This individual should have deep knowledge of best practices across all platforms, be able to acquire new customers, and ultimately manage any sales campaigns and/or marketing initiatives that run across social media. This person provides innovative solutions that are based on consumer insights. This person will communicate and lead a social media team that spans 6 markets (including New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Puerto Rico, Chicago and San Francisco).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the execution of social media strategy across our local brands.
- Ensure that best practices policies are being enforced in local pages.
- Oversee the distribution and publishing of content.
- Lead a team of Social Media Associates across 6 markets.
- Manage the overall quality of work across multiple brands.
- Thorough knowledge of social and other digital management tools such as Sprout Social, Simply Measured, Hootsuite, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Analytics, Tweetdeck, among others.
- Oversee live coverage of main station events, including coordination of local promotions team.
- Guide local radio celebrities on best practices for personal & station pages.
- Communicate growth and performance on a weekly basis to SBS management.
- Develop alternate content to support client campaigns.
- Develop fun content tailored to local audiences.
- Generate reports for clients after campaign completion.
- Exhibit strong understanding of social media metrics and implement content quality strategy.
- Manage authentic social media voice and content strategy across channels.
- Identify and report regularly on KPIs and success criteria; optimize campaigns based on leanings
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Media or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in digital/social media with successful planning and management of social campaigns driving KPI’s.
- Agency experience desirable.
- Corporate communications experience a must.
- Spanish and English – complete fluency in written and verbal communication.
- Must be a team builder and a team player with proven track record of leading initiatives.
- Familiarity with social community management including hands-on management of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and emerging platforms.
- Is a Creative Thinker
- Developed ability to influence co-workers across departments
- Extensive knowledge of all things social and digital with a strong understanding of how social influence is built and leveraged.
- Ability to prioritize and calendarize client posts as well as station driven content posts.
- Must be able to reform content to be easily digestible for our audience.
- Familiarity with local audience music preferences (e.g. Regional Mexican & Pop, Urban Music).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and adapt to emerging trends.
- Comfortable in making decisions with limited time.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Ability to develop and implement paid social, community management, content development, influencer campaigns for brands.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and highly proactive
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.