The Traffic/Media Assistant is responsible for scheduling all commercials on the correct orders; maintaining relationships with third parties providing copy and copy instructions; working with sales to ensure correct copy; maintaining the dub list in the traffic system; managing the house numbers in the traffic system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Secure and input traffic instructions for advertisers across multiple channels or playlists
- Enter detailed copy information using Wide Orbit traffic software
- Maintain instruction files, spot library and various other traffic functions
- Work closely with local account executives in a professional and timely manner
- Notify account executives of missing copy instructions
- Maintain thorough/accurate communication between traffic hub, Sales and Producers
- Tracks the status of all submitted forms and communicates any form/order revisions to appropriate departments.
- Provide backup and assistance to traffic managers when necessary.
- Use Wide Orbit Traffic to aggregate reports
- Responsible to reconcile “As- Run” logs back into the Wide Orbit traffic system making sure everything ran as scheduled
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employee will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Heavy emphasis on attention to detail
- A strong work ethic, and a positive attitude are required
- Previous traffic experience is helpful but not required
- Be able to complete all assigned tasks and functions independently
- Strong organizational and written skills
- Great communication and people skills
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and understand required software and systems, strong computer knowledge preferred
- Ability to manage your time wisely to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to close the logs in the appropriate timeline/manner
- Openness to learning new skills, systems, software
- Build positive relationships with co-workers including sales management, AE’s and news production
- Problem-solving ability – identify problems, suggest improvements/solutions. Look at processes through a new eye to streamline or make things better
- Ability to save the station money by minimizing errors
- Microsoft Office knowledge (excel and PowerPoint specific)
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
- Fully Bilingual Spanish/ English
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.