TV Editor/Camera Operator capture and record all aspects of a scene for film or television using principles of lighting, staging, focusing, and filtering to achieve a specific visual look for broadcast television or motion pictures. Transform raw footage filmed on the set of a television show into a polished final product for broadcast using computer technology, mix video footage with music, sound effects, and audio and special effects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with footage for scripted TV shows, television documentaries, news programs, music videos, professional training videos, or advertisements
- Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading to a computer
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage
- Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring, and faulty footage
- Working closely with directors to present a final product that matches his or her vision
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Operate motion picture or television camera as you record scenes for motion pictures, advertising, or television broadcasts
- Apply technical aspects of lenses, film, filters, light, and camera settings to each shot to ensure the director gets the effect he or she wants
- Adjust printers, camera controls, and any related equipment to find the right lighting, exposure, and focus
- Arrange studio sets to best suit the settings on the camera, and control the lighting equipment, film stock, audio, and cameras to get the result the director desires from the film
- Maintain, clean and test all broadcasting equipment and cameras to ensure every tool is in good working order each day before filming starts
- Watch filming sets closely to determine if problems are present in regard to camera angles and lighting and notify the director about issues before filming starts
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Must have computer-savvy
- Extensive knowledge of video editing software
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing technology
- Vivid imagination, artistic eye, and a creative mindset
- Must be resourceful to rescue raw footage if this is poor quality to add to the final product
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
- Knowledge with TV broadcast operations.
- Bilingual in English is a must
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work requires to be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups. Work outdoors in all weather conditions and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.