HR Business Coordinator supports administrative and human resources processes such as payroll, benefits’ administration, and onboarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining current HR files and databases by updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Working with Corporate HR to support file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Answering payroll questions
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing of offer letters, posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Preparing new employee files
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Complete termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions in the market
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Assist with local sales – business sale order insertions via wide orbit systems and creative software as needed. Assist with sending daily spot times to clients via our pickle program software.
- Assist with covering Front desk duties while receptionist is at lunch or covering front desk when needed and if necessary.
- Assist, if necessary, with the execution of SBSE produced concerts, keeping ticket requests, contracts in order, helping retrieve revenues pertaining to local concerts for SBS.
- When needed and necessary- scan and send daily programming logs to SBS traffic department.
- Working hand in hand with General manager as it pertains personnel conduct, hiring, terminations, or legal aspects regarding business.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- 1-2 years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Interpersonal skills: Someone in this position has constant interaction with company employees and must be able to maintain a positive demeanor throughout even the most difficult situations
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Exposure to payroll practices
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadline
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to accurately follow instructions
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Knowledge in ADP Workforce Now
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.