- Performs and handles board/air shifts, including all console board operations.
- Monitors computerized transmitter network.
- Performs audio digital editing and recording.
- Maintaining building security.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under the general supervision of the Program Director.
- Assist Production director when needed for conceiving and producing station IDs, liners, promos and other announcements for KRZZ La Raza Radio. (Content must be approved by the program director or general manager prior to airing.)
- Assist Production director when needed obtaining sound effects, music and other pre-recorded material for use in production and evaluating any possible copyright issues pertaining to the material.
- Manages recording of live-band features and in-studio events when necessary.
- Assist Production director for individual(s) to serve as voice talent for recorded announcements as needed. This may include station DJs and/or clients.
- Oversees production of public service announcements (PSAs) requested by Station management.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- The ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them.
- Excellent writing and story-telling skills
- A strong interest in advertising, and a good understanding of how radio and other relevant platforms can be used to promote and sell goods and services.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people
knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations as they affect radio production
- The ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate radio studios
- The ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio editing.
- An Associate’s degree or its equivalent, with at least 1 years of experience in radio broadcasting.
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit automation system. Knowledge of Adobe audition
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools
- A high degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Thorough knowledge of FCC rules and regulations pertaining to basic radio operations.
- Willingness to work irregular hours when needed.
Office Location: San Jose California
Interested Candidates E-mail Resume to:
HR Department: Attention Nancy Ortiz
Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.