Successful Account Executive will cold call, make and attend appointments with the objective of closing sales. This position offers unlimited earning potential for the right self-motivated / highly driven individual. Candidate will be responsible for selling commercial airtime, event sponsorships, and marketing campaigns entailing research, promotions, copywriting, servicing, and new business development.
• An associate’s degree or its equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in Media Sales or in a related area with a high volume of sales.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to create advertising proposals and marketing presentations
• Ample knowledge of radio broadcast sales tools, such as Nielsen’s Arbitron rating numbers, Maximiser, Wide Orbit, and Nielsen Answers, including the use of formulas in sales proposals and presentations.
• Maintains relationships and favorable contacts on a regular basis with current and potential advertising accounts.
• Prospects potential advertisers and develops sales strategies to acquire new business.
• Services and maintains existing accounts.
• Familiar with standard sales concepts, practices, and procedures within the sales field.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan their sales strategy to meet assigned budgets.
• Performs a variety of tasks, such as filing, copying and printing, scanning, using the fax, using computer terminal, typewriter, and other word processors, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
• Responsible for completing and submitting fully executed Sales contracts on a timely basis to the Local Sales Manager, with all authorized signatures and corresponding approved insertion orders from advertisers. Assures data within insertion order agrees to that of the sales contract.
• Reviews contract confirmations and confirms that the account has been created/input correctly as contracted, and that changes in client data or advertising schedule changes have been updated in the Wide Orbit system.
• Provides copies of production orders on a timely basis to Copywriting/ Production and Continuity.
• Ensures that, when necessary, any spots that need to be “made good” are followed up on accordingly and approved by the clients.
• Reviews the “Contract Verification Report” listing all bumped spots and assures each advertiser is being followed up with, so that revenues are not lost.
• Monitors the market stations to keep informed on what advertisers are active in the market place and targets those accounts as potential advertisers.
• Works under the general supervision of the Local Sales Manager.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org