Performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs origination in the studio from syndication or from remote pickup points.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates control board for studio and remote programming.
- Regulates timing of programs, operates programming and plays commercials.
- Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic, and news reports into automation equipment.
- Monitors computerized transmitter network.
- Performs audio digital editing and recording.
- Maintaining building security.
- Assist Production Director when needed for conceiving and producing station Ids, liners, promos and other announcements for KRZZ La Raza Radio.
- Performs and handles board/air shifts, including all console board operations.
- Assist Production director when needed obtaining sound effects, music and other pre-recorded material for use in production and evaluating any possible copyright issues pertaining to the material.
- Manages recording of live-band features and in-studio events when necessary.
- Assist Production director for individual(s) to serve as voice talent for recorded announcements as needed. This may include station DJs and/or clients.
- Oversees production of public service announcements (PSAs) requested by Station management and/or adviser.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them.
- Excellent writing and story-telling skills
- A strong interest in advertising, and a good understanding of how radio and other relevant platforms can be used to promote and sell goods and services.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people
knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations as they affect radio production
- The ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate radio studio.s
- The ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio editing.
- An Associate Degree or its equivalent, with at least 1 years of experience in radio broadcasting.
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit automation system. Knowledge of Adobe audition
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools
- A high degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Thorough knowledge of FCC rules and regulations pertaining to basic radio operations.
- Operate audio console board, digital automation equipment, reel-to-reel, CD player,
remote broadcasting equipment, computer and general office equipment .
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to work without direct
- Ability to work evening, overnight and weekends.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.