Spanish Broadcasting System seeks a motivated, dynamic and professional individual to join our team for the efficient maintenance and processing of Account Receivable and Credit and Collections transactions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing credit and collections functions involving A/R – Billing tasks, focused on the pursuit of a timely payment performance through the application process. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Credit and Collections
- Perform collections of outstanding clients’ accounts receivable and payment plan within company’s goals and deadlines
- Process daily credit approval of sales orders in Wide Orbit System
- Assist customers, sales and finance with aging/collections-billing reports, invoices, and account statements
- Maintain credit and accounts profiles in Wide Orbit System including the documentation files
- Perform Aging analysis/remarks and prepare documentation for accounts reconciliation, billing adjustments and refunds
- Assist with credit applications review and credit references
- Act as backup of the Credit & Collections Specialist Team
A/R – Billing
- Perform Credit Cards process & application in Wide Orbit System
- Process electronic deposits and maintain A/R electronic filing
- Perform cash/adjustments application in Wide Orbit system
- Assist with month closing on A/R and Billing tasks related
- Act as backup of the A/R-Billing Team member
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Experience with Wide Orbit System (Media Software)
- Knowledge of Credit & Collections processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Maintain quality customer service with a positive attitude
- Effective analytical skills and attention to detail to reconcile customer’s accounts
- Efficient time management skills, able to prioritize
- Team Player, multitask, learn quickly to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent work ethics, able to maintain confidential information
- 3-5 years of credit/collections experience, College or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.