The Board Operator performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs origination in
the studio from syndication or from remote pickup points.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates control board for studio and remote programming
- Regulates timing of programs, operates programming and plays commercials
- Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic, and news reports into automation equipment
- Performs on-air announcements or shifts as assigned
- Assists with remote appearances
- Takes transmitter readings and maintains transmitter logs
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish
- Operate audio console board, digital automation equipment, reel-to-reel, CD player,
remote broadcasting equipment, computer and general office equipment
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to work without direct
- Ability to work evening, overnight and weekends
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.