As a Digital Solutions Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with SBS sales team, station management, the corporate office and our clients to develop, sell and deploy successful multi-‐platform advertising campaigns. The DSM will provide digital expertise and share insights with our sales team, clients, and managers and develop strategic advertising solutions by integrating cross platform advertising & sponsorships, market research, and targeted advertising & analytics into a comprehensive story and customer centric advertising solution. Specifically, he/she will work with the sales and station management to create advertising sales opportunities. The role requires someone who can think like a marketer, sell like a rep and manage multi-‐faceted digital sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a leadership role in evangelizing the digital media products across sales and management teams.
- Responsible for managing market’s digital budget.
- Develop local digital sales programs and be the market’s point of contact for digital solutions for clients.
- Grow station digital ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by developing customized campaigns for station clients and making calls with the sales staff to sell these campaigns.
- Work closely with the ad sales, promotions and Interactive team to develop sponsored packages.
- Develop and sell customized multiplatform ad packages for important business verticals
- Interpret and present proprietary and 3rd party qualitative and quantitative market research/data to station sales staff and clients
- Stay current on third party research relevant to the station website(s); The Media Audit, Comscore, Nielsen Net Ratings, etc.
- Attend 3 -‐ 6 Client or agency meetings per week
- Develop products designed to acquire new customers for the station who have traditionally used newspaper or radio as a primary advertising medium
- Day to day management of digital advertising sales for the radio stations including forecast management & sales analysis.
- Work closely with Interactive Advertising Operations, Sales and Promotions to ensure campaigns are being fulfilled.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for creative and operations-‐related issues for all campaigns.
- Expand sales to existing clients, identify prospects, qualify opportunities and follow up on leads.
- Work directly with clients and sales team to provide detailed client service and execute integrated marketing plans.
- Brainstorm and help local sales teams prepare proposals based on client RFPs.
- Attend local B2B and B2C events and represent SBS Interactive.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- At least 3 years of experience of Digital Media ad sales experience
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Have the ability to function well in a fast-‐paced environment that often includes multiple, concurrent projects.
- Possess exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, to communicate with internal teams and clients.
- Working in a fast-‐paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking (spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish
- Extensive knowledge of the digital media platforms and sales technologies
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and schedules.
- Client focused, supporting a number of concurrent initiatives.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.